Since the Roku box does not allow you to change DNS directly on the box you will have to change DNS on your router. Please complete this step listed below first and make sure you get 3 green check marks in the account home.
Sign up for your free Smart DNS Proxy here: CLICK HERE
1. Open Router Administration Page by typing 192.168.1.1 for Linksys router. Please check your user manual guide if you are using a different router.
2. Enter Your User Name and Password if you have one. Default name is admin and the default password is admin.
3. Click on Basic Setup on the top panel under Setup.
4. Fill DNS Server fields with the Smart DNS Proxy IPS as following:
Primary DNS : 22.214.171.124
Secondary DNS : 126.96.36.199
Now the next issue is that in order to use US channels then your Roku needs to be connected to a US Roku account. Please be aware that this guide requires you to reset your Roku.
1. Make sure you have 3 green check marks in your account home of Smart DNS Proxy before you start or the following process will fail.
2. Disconnect your Roku from the Internet
3. If you are outside of the USA use a VPN service like VYPRVPN or IPVanish (free) to give you a USA IP address.
4. Next go to https://owner.roku.com in your browser and choose USA as your country.
5. Once you need to input your postal code, you have to create a 5-digit zip code based on the numbers of your actual zip code related to your credit card. Example: 32200.
6. Reset your Roku by from the setup menu on your Roku
7. Reconnect the Roku to the network
8. Start the Roku and connect it to your new account
9. You will now be able to get US channels on your Roku